Two for two!!! I’m playing catch up…so you get two posts in two days from me on two different topics. My July goals (and August), then July Mileage!
July goals were super simple:
I ran. I went to the beach. and I biked A LOT.
Running wasn’t high on my list and I dropped my “fun” long runs that I was doing back in June but I managed 55 km of running. We went to the beautiful Brackley Beach in PEI a few times and a local beach as well. I can’t get enough of that beach!
I bike A LOT: 119 km to be exact! I did my longest ever solo ride…well longest ride ever of 40 km! I was kid-less for a day and my husband was working so I decided to see if I could bike 40 k. I ran into a cow – not literally but it was on the trail I was riding my bike on and was rather intensely running towards me. Little did I know that it’s calf had escaped and she was retrieving her from the other side of the trail. I had to wait a while for it to cross over the trail and go back home. I peddle my little legs out and the cow was hiding on the side of the trail!
Again, another simple month! Yes, I realise that it’s the middle of the month and I’m posting my monthly goals but part of the month was spent relaxing…with my family….outdoors…and off social media/blogs. So, I’m basically nailing it this month – ha ha!.
How’s your August going so far?
Any major goals this month or taking it easy ?
What’s one thing you won’t miss from the summer? (Me, the insane humidity).
Though I’m not posting all the time on my blog these days, you can find me over on Instagram – I don’t log out of that app 😉
Hello HOT summer! We’ve been in a bit of a heat wave for the last week in Nova Scotia. Though it’s extremely hot and humid, we’ve kept busy outside over the Canada Day long weekend!
My June goals were executed brilliantly…… I ran a lot more then I planned to – mainly long runs on the weekend with zero focus on training for a race. I finished the month with 65 km of running. I biked a bit – around 50 km and I played 4 games of soccer and starting coaching U 6 soccer – fun!
Not going to lie – my July goals are pretty simple again. Run, Beach and Bike!
We’ve kicked off July with a beach trip already, a long run of 11 km, a super long bike ride (for me) of 25 km and now we are just riding this heat wave and up-ing our hours in our sprinkler. The heat wave is supposed to settle down in a few days and I’ll likely get back to some early morning runs once it settles down a bit. A few rest days can’t hurt.
How’s your month of July looking?
Any big goals this month?
Beach or Lake swimming?
So sad to see July end 😦 I’ve been enjoying our vacation in PEI and staycation this week with our girls: going to beaches, playing mini golf and maybe some back yard camping coming up.
It was a pretty good month of running, got back to cycling outdoors and a good number of soccer games.
- Family vacation in Ontario and PEI. Yes, both completed.
- Use our Canada 150 National Park Pass – Yes, in PEI.
- Start training for Maritime Race Weekend– (6th) Half Marathon. Yes, on week 6 and it’s not going so well this week.
- Read two books. (Well, finish the one I’ve been readying for 2 years and one more). – Ba ha ha ha! I’ve barley cracked open the one I’ve been trying to finish for 2 years. Good lord, I have no time for reading (but sure wish I did!).
- More early morning runs before work. Yes and on vacation. Cooler temps and energized for the day!
- Bike to work at least once this month. Yes, completed!
- Focus on good sleep. Well……..not so much. Staying up late and getting up early for my runs hasn’t helped. However, I have had a few 8:30 sleep-in’s!!!!
Goal wise, July was pretty darn good. I’m enjoying working on mini-goals each month but haven’t really though much for August. These goals are on the fly and I’m totally going to wing it this month. Some might be lofty for me and some might be completed tomorrow (we’ll, that’s a stretch).
Set your goals, share them and then try to make them happen!
- Run 100 km (Really not sure if this will happen).
- Go on a LONG bike ride. (Go big, right!)
- Finish my frigging book. (Dreamin’)
- Work on strength training to complement my running. (Basically, I’m doing none).
- Camping – back yard or camp ground.
- Paddling. Man, I miss being in my canoe and hoping to change that!
How was your month of July?
Good mileage month?
Any mini goals reached?
Though I’m blogging less these days, you can always find me over on Instagram. July’s mileage and goals can be found here.