Hello HOT summer! We’ve been in a bit of a heat wave for the last week in Nova Scotia. Though it’s extremely hot and humid, we’ve kept busy outside over the Canada Day long weekend!
My June goals were executed brilliantly…… I ran a lot more then I planned to – mainly long runs on the weekend with zero focus on training for a race. I finished the month with 65 km of running. I biked a bit – around 50 km and I played 4 games of soccer and starting coaching U 6 soccer – fun!
Not going to lie – my July goals are pretty simple again. Run, Beach and Bike!
We’ve kicked off July with a beach trip already, a long run of 11 km, a super long bike ride (for me) of 25 km and now we are just riding this heat wave and up-ing our hours in our sprinkler. The heat wave is supposed to settle down in a few days and I’ll likely get back to some early morning runs once it settles down a bit. A few rest days can’t hurt.
How’s your month of July looking?
Any big goals this month?
Beach or Lake swimming?
I’m still here just haven’t been blogging much. I’m always posting my runs on Instagram if you want to follow me over there. I never wrote a post about my May or June goals so I’m catching up today!
My May Goals:
- Run half marathon – completed 🙂
- Take bike off indoor trainer – check. Well, my husband did it as I needed it off for work one day and he had the time to do it, I didn’t. (Thanks Saï).
- Nope – natta.
I’m keeping it real simple this month. Our oldest turns 8, soccer season starts for both daughters and I and school will wrap up at the end of the month. I haven’t signed up for any other races this year (which is not normal for me) and I’m still on the fence of what I’ll sign up for. I’m eyeing a summer race to help keep me running weekly so I don’t just stop running all together. Having said that…these are my June goals:
So far this month, I’ve had some good runs. I’ve gone for a few runches (yeah for nice weather), a trail run near my house and getting back into summer soccer tonight! I’ll likely be blogging less this month but you can still find me on Facebook or Instagram, I really don’t use Twitter and that’s it for social sites for me!
How’s your month of June shaping up?
Running any races or have any monthly goals?
Can you believe it’s June already!
Happy Global/National Running Day!
Are you getting out for a run today? On your own, with a friend or group? I’m looking forward to running tonight with my running buddy. I haven’t been blogging much lately and I’m behind on sharing my May mileage/June Goals. I figured today would be a good day to share them.
No doubt, May was a great month of increased mileage. It helps when you have long runs to do!
Okay, I’ll be honest – I wrote my May goals and never looked back at them until drafting this post! I have such great intentions but don’t always use my own resources to keep me on track. Having said that, I do try to make my goals realistic and things that I want to work on anyway – nothing new or outrageous. There were:
- Run more outside + Runches – Did this.
- Add in more strength training to my half marathon training plan – a little bit but not really.
- Continue with my PT exercises for my back, ankle and hamstring – Yes.
- Go outside more with the girls (running, biking, hiking etc.) – I think so but wish I had more time to do this.
- Start Bullet Journaling since I’ve put it off for months – Nope. Thought about it.
- Bonus: Clean up my house (so many piles of “stuff” lying around everywhere!) – I started this, so yes.
Having gone through my list I didn’t really miss anything. I’ve thought about starting my bullet journal many times in May but just never sat down to actually do it. I clean randomly when I have time…ha ha, what mother has time to deep clean!!!! This is going slow. Moving on….
- Relax about my running pace.
- Decrease social media time (gasp!!!).
- Figure out our summer holidays (book hotels/cottage etc.)
- Set up 1 page in my bullet journal to track “x” daily.
- Enjoy my upcoming half marathon.
- Check in at least once a week on these goals. *Yeah, this should be a good one.
That’s it. Now, let’s if I can stick to all of this. June is a busy month for our family. Lilly turns 7, I run my half marathon on Father’s Day – yeah planned that one well. Both girls and I start back up in soccer (5 days/week), work is busy, school ends on June 30th. Let’s hope we survive!
Have you set goals for June?
How was your month of May?
Are you running as part of Global/National Running Day?