With February ticking away quickly, I finally got together my January mileage. Though it has few kilometres of running, it sure has a lot of other winter activities that I love!
January was a month of simple goals. My main focus is to get my hip/obliques stronger so I can get running A LOT more! You know, train for an upcoming half that I have yet to register for. Also, I want to get back to soccer (I’m crazy, yeah I know) but that will happen when it happens.
January saw a lot of cycling, a little running and lots of winter fun. I haven’t cross-country skied in a few years so it was great to get out and do that; fingers crossed I can get out again this month! The girls are loving skating and wanting to go more and more.
Though there was little running, I got in a lot of cross training and no one every said cross training is a bad thing!
How was your January mileage?
Are you all about running or changing it up in the “off season”?
The Olympics start Friday!!! What are you looking forward to the most?
It’s amazing how many kilometres, laps, games or classes one can accumulate over the span of a year. I started doing a running mileage of the year post last year and thought I’d continue on.
I’ve shared these all on IG, as that’s where I post daily but you can also see the totals at the bottom of this post from running, cycling, soccer, yoga, skiing and more.
Yearly Total Mileage / Games / Classes etc.
Running: 643 km
Races: 3 (Half, 5 miler and 10k)
Cycling: 237 km
Soccer Games: 31
Yoga Classes: 24
Aqua Running: 2
SUP Yoga: 1
My favourite new activity was SUP yoga and I hope to do more of that this summer. I’m also planning to get back into aqua running when my work schedule permits.
That’s a wrap on my mileage, classes, games and other adventures in 2017. I’m not sure what 2018 will bring but I’m sure I’ll be running, cycling, playing soccer, going to yoga and more!
How was your mileage in 2017?
Did you try any new sports/activities in 2017?
Anything you are planning to try in 2018?
Another month bites the dust! Can you believe that it’s November already? I seriously can’t believe how fast this year has gone by!
October wasn’t a high mileage month but it was busy. We managed to get out for three Sunday bike rides which just seems so weird as we’re normally done with outdoor bike riding by then.
Running Mileage: 47 km; 2 Yoga classes, 3 Soccer Games, 13km Cycling and lots of walking!
- Pace Valley Harvest 10k – 1:10 finish time. Finished in 1:09:37.
- Enjoy time with family; especially on Thanksgiving – Oct 8th – YUP!
- Visit Pumpkin People and do a Corn Maze with our girls. Nope! But they both went with others!
- Complete October’s “Journal the Run Project”. Completed! Loving capturing my running and other workouts this way.
- Continue to get my back/chest better (related to car accident from back in March). Working on it. I started to see a Chiropractor in September and this has made the world of a difference! So thankful for our healthy care practitioners.
Not a bad month. I tried to keep it simple and planning to do the same in November. The best part of October (running wise) was pacing the Valley Harvest Marathon 10k. I had a blast and can’t wait to pace a race next year.
- Run 2-3 times a week.
- Design a half marathon training plan for Hypo Half (Jan 14th 2018).
- Strength Training (Core workouts, IronStrength and old PT exercises).
- Run outside as much as possible.
- Dust off treadmill.
- Start thinking about races for 2018.
- Renew Blog (yeah, i’m going to give it a go for another year).
First treadmill run of the winter last night.
Though it’s already Nov 9th and I’m just sharing these goals now, they have been on my mind for the last two weeks. I love running and hoping to keep that up in order to potentially run the Hypo Half in January. I desperately need to do more strength training and core work to keep my back and SI joint happy. I’m starting to get excited about races next year which is really early for me!
How was your month of October?
Have you thought about races in 2018 yet?
Any November Goals you want to share?
Another month, another list of numbers to add up. I was hoping September would be a little more active but life happens and sometimes you are forced to slow down.
Even with missing my half, I was still active. The highlight would be a toss up of running my last long run of 18k (early September) and running 13k at Cape Split with my husband. If I had to chose one of those to do this weekend – I’d chose Cape Split with Saï – it’s just so beautiful and to be honest, I love running with him.
I mean really….this is the view at Cape Split!
HA! I almost want to laugh at my goals for September! Some I accomplished and some I didn’t. I did try!
- Back to school (celebrate!) – Yeah!
- Run Maritime Race Weekend Tartan Twosome (5k & Half marathon) – NOPE.
- Keep running post half marathon. Well, I did run later in the month, does that count?
- Ride my bike more – maybe 50 km of cycling. – Nope, na-ta!
- Bullet Journal my running. – YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been loving the #journaltherunproject on IG during the last two months.
- Pace Valley Harvest 10k – 1:10 finish time – Oct 8th.
- Enjoy time with family (especially on Thanksgiving – Oct 8th).
- Visit Pumpkin People and do a Corn Maze with our girls.
- Complete October’s “Journal the Run Project”.
- Continue to get my back/chest better (related to car accident from back in March).
All ready to put my mark on October!
How was your September?
Any goals for October? It is a BIG race month after all!
Have you heard of #journaltherunproject on IG before?